Sunday, December 9, 2007

Fantastic Earth-rise!

This is an old news.
I have attended a research cruise for a month, and could not report it.
However, if you don't know the news and have never seen the movie,
I strongly recommend to visit the following site.

The moon explorer satellite "Kaguya" took a Hi-vision movie
of the Earth-rise from the Moon horizon.
 
http://www.jaxa.jp/press/2007/11/20071113_kaguya_j.html

The movie is provided as Flash-movie so that most people can enjoy it.
Just a 4 minutes movie is quite impressive for me.
I cannot explain why the Earth-rise is so fantastic.
Moon will have resources (metal mineral and energy),
and will be a useful place for human.
But I feel that the movie give us other meaning to visit the Moon.

Continued to Japanese pages... >> Click

No comments: